Two Crows in A Tree on a Dull Scottish Day

Life. We all wish it were a series of endless days in the sun, having fun with friends, going to see the latest movies or concerts, reading great books, eating great food, moving closer to your dreams. Then you live it. Funny thing is, life - or at least my life and I suspect yours - isn't like that. Do you know the feeling you have when you have a nightmare and then, waking up, have a great sense of relief that it WAS a nightmare and these things haven't really happened? This morning I had the unusual experience of having a nightmare based on a family situation, then , waking up, I realised that not only had all these things happened but that MUCH worse had happened to - in this situation, I am literally in a living nightmare. But at least I was able to photograph two crows on a tree. And I guess this post is just saying that in the midst of undeniable problems, there are some things we have to cling on to as we journey along the bow wave of today. I am looking for the counterbalance, the event to cling to or appreciate, in the midst of events which would otherwise be too much. Sometimes the waters we sail in are very bleak, sometimes calm and sunny. But today I will have two memories...waking up to a bigger nightmare than my nightmare, and the two crows on the tree...

Comments

Popular Posts